Thursday 28 February 2008

Please read.

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish.



After considering long and hard about the state of the Thanet Blogsphere and taking into account that Eastcliffe is invite only and we have lost Simon's input to our little community i think it is time for me to stop.
This is in no way a slight on all the very good blogs that exist and the newbies that show more promise than i could ever hope to achieve,this is more down to those selfish few who insist that their way is best and will not even engage in dialogue on a reasonable basis,I will not mention names ,but you know who you are!
Some of us ( including me) get a bee in our bonnets over certain issues,Michael and I share the same worries over the development of Pleasurama and the Turner Centre,Eastcliffe concerns himself more with the general malaise that infects our little Island,Ovit tends to be against everything that the Tories do.
Thanet Life gave us lots to think about and many excellent links but of course his blog had to change and adapt with his decision to enter politics.
There are many contributers to these blogs and it seems to me that the humour and the spirit has been lost to some extent, and it may be some time before people of the same calibre as those that have gone come to the fore.
But, there again as i write this post it seems to me that perhaps the bulldog spirit should now come to the fore.
To be an Englishman in England has become an almost impossible position,perhaps it is time for all of us to show our true colours and nail them to the mast,by all means be anon,but lets not dive into the trenches when things do not go our own way,the English language is a rich one and surely we can blog and comment without resorting to threats and innuendo,I will wait on your answers and comments before a final decision is made,it's all up to you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't give up!

In an ideal world, we could write our weblogs, explore new ideas, indulge in polite debate and ignore the intolerant among us. Sadly, I've discovered that such a perfect world doesn't exist here in Thanet.

Tony Flaig said...

i just say what I feel when I feel it, for me so long as someone reads it that's all I need.

Do what makes you happiest

good luck

Anonymous said...

Thanet has always had more than its fair share of small-minded bullies who resort to intimidation as soon as things don't go their way. Best to live and fight another day.

Anonymous said...

Keep it going if you want to. I read your blog occasionally, ie once a week but I do not comment much if at all. There must be plenty like me.