Wednesday 13 June 2007

Got told this today

One sunny day in 2008, an old man approached the gates at the end of Downing St . He spoke to the Policeman standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and seeTony Blair please." The copper replied, "Sir, Mr Blair is no longer Prime Minister and doesn't live here." The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day, the same man approached Downing St and said to the same copper, "I would like to go in and meet with Tony Blair". The copper again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Blair is no longer Prime Minister and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and again walked away . . . The third day, the same man approached Downing St and spoke to the very same copper , saying "I would like to go in and meet with Tony Blair." The copper, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Blair. I've told you already several times that Mr. Blair is not the Prime Minister anymore and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?" The old man answered, "Oh, I understand you fine, I just love hearing your answer!" The copper snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow"

1 comment: